Monday, January 24, 2011

Another tournament down...

This past weekend I played in the Early War Tournament at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, MD. Sadly it was supposed to be a National Qualifier, but only 4 people showed, including myself. Out of the 4 only 1 was from the local gaming club. The rest of us were from The Icehouse Warriors.

So this was my 5th Tournament. And I still keep placing in the bottom 50% :( It seems to always be because I get soo wrapped up in certain points in the game that I go out of order and ruin my turn. This happened to me several times in my final game against a British Matilda Company and it cost me horribly. I went from being in 1st place over all on the tournament to failing 3 platoon checks in a row in the final turn, only to then fail a command check and lose the game in my turn 8 as the defender in fighting withdraw. :( such is my luck.

A big thank you to my good friend Dave Taylor for letting borrow a bunch of his panzers. I was diagnosed with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in both of my hands the day after my last post about getting ready. So under Dr's orders I was not allowed to hobby for some time. But I am back at it!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, that stinks. Keep at it dude- you'll start smitin' fools in no time

    ReplyDelete